Try Documentalist, my app that offers fast, offline access to 190+ programmer API docs.
Hello there. I'm Chris. I design and implement software.
In the past, I worked at Microsoft, Palm, BitTorrent, OpenDNS (acquired by Cisco) and a few small Silicon Valley startups.
You can get in touch with me.
Here's some things I did that might be useful.
Essential Programming Books
I maintain over 20 programming books at programming-books.io. They are based on content rescued from abandoned StackOverflow Documentation project.
SumatraPDF is a multi-format PDF, XPS, eBook (MOBI, EPUB), Comic Boook (CBZ, CBR), CHM, DJVU reader for Windows
Written in C++ to raw Win32 APIs. Small, fast, nimble and full of features. Pick 4.
Documentalist offers fast, offline access to API developer documentation, for Windows.
Written in Go.
Fast File Finder
Fast File Finder lets you to find files quickly by name, for Windows.
Written in Go.
Misc online tools
Hosted on appropriately named website onlinetool.io:
- OEmbed proxy for GitHub (here's how I implemented it)
- XML to Go struct definition
Written in Go, hosted on Digital Ocean.
I write open-source Go libraries. Some worth mentioning:
- https://github.com/kjk/notionapi : unofficial API to Notion.so
- https://github.com/gomarkdown/markdown : markdown parser and converter to HTML
- https://github.com/kjk/siser : a simple, thoughtfully designed library for serializing data
- https://github.com/kjk/dailyrotate : simple library that rotates files daily (e.g. log files)
- https://github.com/kjk/inflect : a library to inflect English words i.e. pluralize ("home" ⇒ "homes" etc.) and singularize ("cats" => "cat", "men" => "man")