Hello there. I'm Chris. I design and implement software.
In the past, I worked at Microsoft, Palm, BitTorrent, OpenDNS (acquired by Cisco) and a few small Silicon Valley startups.
You can get in touch with me.
Here's some things I did that might be useful.
Essential Programming Books
I maintain over 20 programming books at programming-books.io. They are based on content rescued from abandoned StackOverflow Documentation project.
A multi-format PDF, XPS, eBook (MOBI, EPUB), Comic Boook (CBZ, CBR), CHM, DJVU reader for Windows
Written in C++ to raw Win32 APIs. Small, fast, nimble and full of features. Pick 4.
Misc online tools
Hosted on appropriately named website onlinetool.io:
- OEmbed proxy for GitHub (here's how I implemented it)
- XML to Go struct definition
Written in Go, hosted on Digital Ocean.
I write open-source Go libraries. Some worth mentioning:
- https://github.com/kjk/notionapi : unofficial API to Notion.so
- https://github.com/gomarkdown/markdown : markdown parser and converter to HTML
- https://github.com/kjk/siser : a simple yet very thoughtful library for serializing data
- https://github.com/kjk/dailyrotate : simple library that rotates files (thing log files that need to be rotated daily
- https://github.com/kjk/inflect : a library to inflect English words i.e. pluralize ("home" ⇒ "homes" etc.) and singularize ("cats" => "cat", "men" => "man")
Go to index of articles.