Home / Business (of software and other) / Summary of “Sell to Strangers” video about content marketing edit
Try Documentalist, my app that offers fast, offline access to 190+ programmer API docs.
Summary of “Sell to Strangers” 20 min video about content marketing (https://audienceops.com/resources/videos/sell-to-strangers/).
TOFU: Top of Funnel content is how you attract users first e.g. social posts or blog articles.
MOFU: Middle of Funnel content helps people understand what your product does e.g. customer case study articles or e-mail blast sequences.
BOFU: Bottom Of Funnel assets help people make buying decision e.g. pricing page, faq, free samples, sales demo.
BOFU is something you must have to sell a product.
In order to grow the business, you need more TOFU and MOFU content to drive new people to your website.
5 essential content assets:
- Evergreen articles
- Lead Magnets
- Case Studies
- Social Media posts
Evergreen articles: blog posts, books etc. that provide value now and in the future.
Lead magnets are articles meant to incentivize people to sign up to your mailing list.
2 types of lead magnets:
- Content Upgrade : bonus content (e.g. delivered as PDF) attached to evergreen article. Visitor has to provide mailing list to receive bonus content.
- Global Lead Magnet : longer assets (e.g. an e-book or e-mail drip course) that you can promote independently.
- within first 2 weeks send optimized drip e-mail campaign to new subscribers
- consistent follow up: send weekly follow up newsletters to stay top-of-mind
- repurpose content: re-use articles as e-mail content
- make emails plain text and personalize them
Case studies: like testimonials, they provide social proof that your product works.
Tweet and use facebook posts to promote your content on social channels.
You can promote your evergreen articles as re-targeted ads on Facebook.