Try Documentalist, my app that offers fast, offline access to 190+ programmer API docs.
This is a dev diary of implementing https://filerion.com/, a file manager for Dropbox, s3 and more.
- added basic s3 support. Unfortunately due to CORS you can’t do S3 requests from the browser (unless you configure the bucket to allow CORS, which no-one does) so had to route the requests via the backend
- implemented basic sorting up / down by name and size
- show status line with number of directories, files, total size of files etc.
- display currently executed actions (like "downloading Dropbox listing")
- added remembering configured filesystem in localStorage. Entering s3 credentials every time you re-launch the website would be very annoying so this is important
- modern browsers have access to per-website storage that acts like a file system so I’ve added a way to manage that area as well. It was easy to add because it uses the same API as opening local folders