Try Documentalist, my app that offers fast, offline access to 190+ programmer API docs.
This is a dev diary of implementing https://filerion.com/, a file manager for Dropbox, s3 and more.
Yesterday the file display could only display a flat list of files.
Real filesystem are nested so I started on a file system abstraction:
- the notion of current directory
readDir(dir)function that returns list of file system entries (files or directories) in a given directory
- notion of files vs. directories
In the UI, I’ve implemented:
- show directories differently than files
- when double-clicking a directory, navigate to that directory
- add virtual
..directory to navigate to parent directory
- sort files by name, with directories at the top
- show current directory (very crudely)
- disable text selection in file list to behave more like an app (
Here’s the current UI for showing files
I then implemented a selector for picking a file system:
Then I implemented
Open Local Folderoption using file system access API in browsers.
Added directory navigation icons from https://icon-sets.iconify.design/bi/bookmark-star-fill/:
upbutton is functional.
And all that while watching season 2 of The Flight Attendant.