What is Fofou?
Fofou is simple forum software written in Go. It stands for Forums For You.
Why another forum software?
I wrote it because it solved my problem: I needed a hassle-free forum software for hosting discussions for my various projects. I also wanted it to be like Joel On Software forums.
I was running FruitShow (a PHP implementation of this idea) on my server, but messing with MySQL and PHP and Apache is not my idea of "hassle-free", so I ported FruitShow to Google App Engine hosting platform, so that it can be installed in minutes and hosted for free.
- thoughtfully designed for communities
- perfect as forum software for your small software business or open-source project
- simple thus easy to use for your potential users
- no registration necessary to post
- built-in support for Google Analytics
Fofou is available in source code. Get it from github.com/kjk/fofou.
Fofou is partially in Public Domain and partially under BSD license. Free to use and abuse.