Try Documentalist, my app that offers fast, offline access to 190+ programmer API docs.
Like Sumatra but for the web. Uses wasm for decoding images.
Could be serverless for most functionality (store things in indexedb).
Could have a pro version that
Could have electron-based desktop app.
Start with comic book reader, because that's the simplest.
- https://www.windy.com/?35.764,-115.356,5 : nice overlay UI
- https://github.com/louischatriot/reader : a simple image reader
- https://github.com/comicweb/kthoom : comic book reader
- https://github.com/LibreRead/server : epub reader
- https://medium.com/google-design/google-photos-45b714dfbed1 : description of Google Photo layout and other implemenation details. Relevant for comic book viewer
- https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!ALH5Ofp8QJpafCA&v=photos&id=DC1D63D0C3D0B4A2!17238&cid=DC1D63D0C3D0B4A2 : decent UI for seeing multiple images
- https://github.com/kyicy/readimension, https://github.com/satorumurmur/bibi : epub reader on web
Nice layout for home page, from https://discoverquickly.com/: