Try Documentalist, my app that offers fast, offline access to 190+ programmer API docs.
Writing HTML renderer for notionapi.
It's the most complete rendering as it ever been.
Moved blog and essential books HTML renderer to notionapi's.
I'm writing desktop software and such software needs an auto-update system.
Here are simple rules for how to write auto-update system:
- check if there is a new version
- if there is a new version, download it in the background
- when download finishes, notify the user that new version is available
- a single click should launch the update
- when update finishes, the program re-launches itself
The most common mistake is to make the user wait for the download of new version to finish. It's so stupid. Download first, and then run. Instant gratification for the user.
TODO: show how fast file finder notifies about update